The new cold rolled enamelling steel grade HC300EK: the best option for your boiler
A new star is born: the HC300EK! But why do we offer cold rolled enamelling steel for boiler applications? And what are the real benefits for you? Find out more ...
Why cold rolled enamelling steel for boiler applications?
- Cost reduction is one of the objectives pursued by boiler manufacturers, as steel represents a major proportion of the total cost of a boiler
- Hence, decreasing the weight of steel used to make a boiler will help to reduce the cost of the boiler (lower material costs, lower processing costs at the customer’s premises)
- This is why, for the past few years, the thickness of hot rolled steel intended for manufacturing enamelled boilers has gradually decreased until it has reached its technically feasible lower limit: 1.55 mm
- In response to customer demand for lower thicknesses down to 1.2 mm and larger width, ArcelorMittal has developed a cold rolled steel grade suitable for one-side enamelling
- Material savings of at least 10% thanks to thickness reduction
- Increase in productivity: more boiler units can be produced with the same quantity of steel
- Simplification of surface treatment: shot blasting can be avoided, depending on enamelling conditions (type of enamel, firing temperature)
- No need to use pickled steel (no pickling costs)
- No degreasing costs for the casing