Floor plates are embossed steels with a chequered or teardrop pattern on the surface.
The steel used is generally structural steel according to the EN 10025 standard.
For floor plates with a chequered pattern, ArcelorMittal has a specific grade, S235DIAMOND, which guarantees only the chemical compositions required for S235JR according to EN 10025-2:2004.
For floor plates with a teardrop pattern, ArcelorMittal also offers other grades, including:
- High Strength Low Alloy grades (EN 10149-2:2013)
- Structural steel and high strength grades in accordance with American standards
Different patterns are available:
- Chequered pattern according to EN 10363 pattern R
- Teardrop pattern according to EN 10363 pattern T
- Teardrop pattern according to EN 10363 pattern A
- Teardrop pattern according to American standard ASTM A786/A768M pattern 4
EN 10363 R chequered pattern
The height of the checkerboard pattern is between 1 and 2 mm.
EN 10363 T teardrop pattern
L: approximately 30 mm
e: approximately 10 mm
h: 1 to 2 mm except for core thickness of less than 2.5 mm for which h may vary between 0.5 and 2 mm.
ASTM or EN 10363 A teardrop pattern
a = 3.6 mm
b = 9 mm (- 0 + 1.7)
c = 22.7 mm
d = 23.3 mm (- 0 + 3.8)
e = 1 to 2 mm (depending on core thickness)
The embossed relief gives the floor plate anti-slip properties, irrespective of whether the environment is dry, greasy or damp. Moreover, it is an extremely hardwearing surface that provides excellent resistance to wear due to abrasion, impact and the passage of vehicles, and is also popular with designers for decorative use.
On request, ArcelorMittal's embossed floor plate is also available in Indaten® 355A, which is a weathering grade with good atmospheric corrosion resistance (see data sheet A34).
Floor plates are mainly used for:
- Floors in buildings, railway carriages and lifts
- Points of access (footbridges, staircases, running boards)
- Roadbeds and slopes
- Ship decks (depending on Lloyds grade)
- Many different applications in the building industry, where its aesthetic appeal is greatly appreciated (see Indaten® 355A, data sheet A34)
Recommendations for use
Floor plate may be processed in the same way as smooth sheet of the same quality (bending, forming, welding etc).
Indicative typical weight (kg/m2) as a function of core thickness (e.g. thickness ordered) is given in the table below.
|Core thickness (mm)||2||3||4||5||6||8||10||12||15||20|
|Weight for teardrop pattern||18||26||34||42||49||65||81||97||120||159|
|Weight for chequered pattern||20||28||36||44||51||67||83||99||122||161|
In order to simplify the presentation of this technical data sheet, we refer to the grades as follows:
- S235J meaning grades S235DIAMOND, S235JR or S235J0 or S235J2 according to EN 10025:2004
- S275J meaning grades S275JR or S275J0 or S275J2 according to EN 10025:2004
- S355J meaning grades S355JR or S355J0 or S355J2 according to EN 10025:2004
The three types of each of these grades are available.
|Lloyds Grade A|
ArcelorMittal's floor plates are supplied in as-rolled condition with mill edge. Cut edge (sheared edge) coil can be supplied for certain patterns, grades and dimensions.
Maximum dimensions for chequered floor plates
- Width between 1000(-0/+20) mm and 1500(-0/+20) mm
- Thickness between 2 and 12.7 mm
Maximum dimensions for teardrop floor plates
|Thickness (mm)||Min width||S235J||S275J||S355J||S355MC||S500MC||Lloyds Grade A|
|Max width||Max width||Max width||Max width||Max width||Max width|
|1.60 ≤ th < 1.80||800||1010||-||-||-||-||-|
|1.80 ≤ th < 1.90||1030|
|1.90 ≤ th < 2.00||1250|
|2.00 ≤ th < 2.50||1250||1250|
|2.50 ≤ th < 2.95||1520||1540||1540|
|2.95 ≤ th < 3.00||1880|
|3.00 ≤ th < 3.10||2020||2020||1500||1595||1345||1730|
|3.10 ≤ th < 3.50||2030||2030||1535|
|3.50 ≤ th < 4.00||2070||2070||1675|
|4.00 ≤ th < 4.50||2100||2100||1845||1445|
|4.50 ≤ th < 4.75||2120||2120||2125||1650||2130|
|4.75 ≤ th < 5.00||2135||2135||2030||2030|
|5.00 ≤ th < 5.75||2135||1790|
|5.75 ≤ th < 6.00||2000|
|6.00 ≤ th < 12.00||2135|
|12.00 ≤ th < 13.00||-|
|13.00 ≤ th < 14.00||-|
|14.00 ≤ th < 15.00|
|15.00 ≤ th < 20.00|
In view of the specific nature of this range, do not hesitate to contact us to enable us to examine each of your specific requirements.
|Lloyds Grade A|
For details about guaranteed values, refer to the corresponding tables in data sheets A20, A30 and H63.
For commercial information (quotations, deliveries, product availability):
For technical questions about these products: firstname.lastname@example.org
All details provided in the ArcelorMittal Flat Carbon Europe S.A. catalogue are for information purposes only. ArcelorMittal Flat Carbon Europe S.A. reserves the right to change its product range at any time without prior notice.