Easyfilm® HPE is a non-permanent dry coat applied on a pickled hot rolled sheet.
It offers protection against atmospheric corrosion for a period of three months.
Easyfilm® HPE offers the following advantages for the client:
- Dry surface of the sheets or blanks, for improved safety and cleanliness in workplaces and storage areas and to avoid problems with sticking or slippage
- Good welding and laser cutting performance
- Compatibility with all known lubricants
Good degreasing performance with an alkaline solution (Ridoline 7160 B) or using a process recommended by the automobile standard VW 5202, with a lower consumption of degreasing agent than is required for the usual protective oils
Total lack of heavy metals (Cd, Pb, Cr, hexavalent etc)
It is possible to paint or enamel directly onto the film, depending on the type of paint or enamel used. Please contact us for further information on this subject.
Pickled hot rolled steels coated with Easyfilm® HPE can be used advantageously in a wide range of applications and processes:
- When handling sheets and discs with automatic suction-grip machines on forming or cutting lines
- Laser cutting, direct painting, direct enamelling (depending on the type of paint/enamel)
- Stamping, tubing, profiling
Recommendations for use
Direct painting or enamelling of Easyfilm® HPE: ArcelorMittal laboratories can help you choose a suitable process and/or product. Please contact us for more information on this subject.
It is recommended to store Easyfilm® HPE pickled steel in a facility where the temperature remains below 50°C in order to avoid melting of the film.
|Old brand names|
|Easyfilm® HPE||Easyfilm NP1/Solclean|
For technical questions about these products: email@example.com
All details provided in the ArcelorMittal Flat Carbon Europe S.A. catalogue are for information purposes only. ArcelorMittal Flat Carbon Europe S.A. reserves the right to change its product range at any time without prior notice.