Magnelis® is an exceptional metallic coating which provides a breakthrough in corrosion protection and is the best choice for a wide variety of applications.
Thanks to its unique composition, Magnelis® provides an unprecedented level of surface and cut-edge protection, even in the most hostile environments.
It is produced on a classic hot dip galvanising line which molten bath has a unique chemical composition including zinc, 3.5% aluminium, and 3% magnesium.
- Outstanding corrosion resistance: three times better than galvanized steel (based on outdoor tests)
- Self-healing effect which ensures excellent edge protection
- Best and most cost-effective alternative to post-galvanised steels
- Wide feasibility range
- Excellent processing properties
- Up to 25 years guarantees with Magnelis® ZM310 on different applications. Contact us for more information.
- Environmentally friendly
A wide range of applications
- Outperforms pre-coated welded tubes
- The durable coating for solar structures
- Optimum protection for agricultural applications
- Construction – durability guaranteed
- Infrastructure – durable safety barriers, lighting poles, acoustic walls…
- Industry – Appliances and electrical equipment
Magnelis® is produced in Belgium, Germany and Spain and distributed as slitted coils or sheets through the ArcelorMittal distribution network in Europe.
Magnelis® can be applied on a very wide range of steel grades. These include steels for cold forming and deep drawing applications, as well as structural and high strength, low alloy steels. Steel thickness can range from 0.45 to 6 mm, while the coating can be from 5 to 35 μm/per side (ZM430).
Click on the table to enlarge
Let’s build your solution together!
ArcelorMittal is offering an innovative co-engineering approach to its customers in order to optimise the use of Magnelis® and to achieve the best possible results and cost reduction.
Watch the new Magnelis® video in English
Watch the new Magnelis® video in Spanish
Watch the new Magnelis® video in Russian