Facades and cladding
ArcelorMittal’s steels for external facade and cladding applications provide architects and designers with an almost unlimited array of finishes to suit any construction.
ArcelorMittal can provide solutions for:
Profiles and sandwich panels
ArcelorMittal offers many different steels which are suited for forming into profiles and sandwich panel cladding for buildings. The option you choose depends on the finish required.
Our recommended organic coated range includes:
- Granite® Standard (25 µm paint system). A quality cost-effective solution for non demanding environments.
- Granite® HD (25 µm paint system). Provides good UV and corrosion resistance.
- Granite® HDS (35 µm paint system). Has exceptional resistance to photochemical ageing and a range of attractive colours.
- Granite® Impression Wood (35 µm paint system). The beauty of a colourful palette combined with a wide range of wood finishes.
- Solano® Nature (200 µm paint system). Offers exceptional performance and excellent corrosion resistance in demanding environments.
Architectural facades and cladding
ArcelorMittal offers a collection of products which can inspire architects to create top-quality facades which set a building apart. The geometrical effects and audacious lines the architect designs can be realised and enhanced with our prestigious products.
Recommended products in our organic coated range include:
- Granite® HDXtreme (70 and 75 μm paint system). Long durability performance in very severe environments including seaside, with a unique range of colours, aspects, and gloss.
- Granite® Impression (35 to 50 μm paint system). A steel for facades with 4 unique printed impressions - Wood, Patina, Cloudy, and Agate - offering unique visual options.
- Granite® Deep Mat (40 µm paint system). Finished with a stylish mat paint system which gives the facade an impression of depth and warmth.
- Granite® HDX (55 µm paint system). A top class product for UV and corrosion resistance and suitable for harsh environments.
- Granite® PVDF (35 µm paint system). Specifically developed to resist high UV radiation, PVDF is highly resistant to fading and many chemicals.
The recommended product in our hot rolled range is:
- Indaten®. Highly appreciated by architects for its natural aesthetic, this weathering steel develops an oxide layer on the steel surface when exposed to the weather.
Recommended products in our enamelled steels range include:
- Solfer®. The selection for prestigious architectural facades thanks to the unique characteristics of enamel combined with the appropriate steel substrate, which gives you resistance to atmospheric pollution and UV, as well as colour stability, lasting for more than 50 years.
Protection against the sun is vital in many areas to minimise the amount of energy required for cooling. Products proposed by ArcelorMittal can be easily perforated to allow light to enter the building, but reduce the overall heat gain from direct sunlight.