Heat treatable boron steel grades offer excellent resistance against abrasive wear
ArcelorMittal’s boron steel grades offer a one-of-a-kind microstructure and hardness capable of standing up against even the most abrasive wear.
ArcelorMittal’s boron steel grades represent a breakthrough for durable steel – meaning they are a cost-effective solution to prolong the lifetime of your final products. Hardened via a boron quenching process and hot rolling-controlled thermo-mechanical treatment, our boron steel line boasts a remarkable degree of hardness, giving the final product:
- A uniform microstructure
- Outstanding mechanical loading
- Excellent resistance to abrasive wear
Heat treatable grades
Mainly used in agricultural parts, requiring high wear/abrasion resistance:
22MnB5 AM FCE, 30MnB5 AM FCE and 38MnB5 AM FCE.
The choice of grade depends on:
- Required hardness of the finished part
- Resistance to abrasive wear needed
- Complexity of the forming process
All grades can be hot or cold formed.
Non-heat treated grades
Delivered directly to the customer and ready to use:
In their delivery condition boron grades are a cost-effective solution for applications requiring resistance to smaller wear particles. Thanks to their composite microstructure, these grades offer a remarkably good abrasion resistance. 30MnB5 DRUM AM FCE, a modified, untreated version of 30MnB5, is available for such applications as concrete mixer drums.
The boron grade advantage
- High wear and abrasion resistance – meaning
- more durability
- less material weight loss
- low maintenance level
- longer lifetime
- increased cost savings
- Suitable for environmentally-friendly water quenching processes
- Excellent hardening performance, also possible with both oil and gas quenching